UPPER MONTGOMERY PRIORITIES
My promise to you is to raise the PROFILE of District 2 and Upper Montgomery County residents.
I am keenly aware that I have to focus on representing the residents and businesses of District 2 because the rest of the county is already well-represented by other members of the Council. I will grab my phone and initiate contact with you so are engaged any time important policies are being considered, so they are not fait accompli when they come to your attention.
Further, I will use my position as Councilmember to:
- ORGANIZE District 2 politically so our VOICES are heard loud and clear, and we are effective in getting our interests known and acted upon;
- Get people from our communities, businesses, and civics groups APPOINTED to key county citizens commissions, so we have an EQUAL SEAT AT THE TABLE in the policy-making and budgeting process.
- Turn more of the County's RESOURCES toward District 2.
- Enact transportation policies to reduce traffic congestion and connect Upper Montgomery to places we need to go.
- Get M-83 funded
- Widen I-270
- Introduce transit solutions that work instead of being tied to political agendas.
- Bring jobs to Upper Montgomery by establishing employment centers where you live.